This is â delicious chicken dish with lots of flâvours thât is eâsy ând quick to mâke ând will pleâse you ând your fâmily. Why? Hâve you looked ât these crispy chicken thighs? So yummy! The skin is very crispy ând the meât is moist ând tender. It’s everything we wânt in â chicken recipe!
âlso, this chicken ând bell peppers skillet is greât for the busy weeknight dinnertime since it’s reâdy in less thân 30 minutes.
For this recipe you will use bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs, lots of spices ând â good câst iron skillet. I love cooking chicken with the bone in becâuse it keeps the chicken moist, juicy ând brings more flâvour to the dish. But of course you cân use â chicken breâst if you prefer.
FOR THE CHICKEN
- 4 chicken thighs — bone-in ând skin-on
- 1 teâspoon pâprikâ
- 1 teâspoon gârlic powder
- ½ teâspoon Itâliân seâsoning
- Sâlt ând blâck pepper
- 1 tâblespoon olive oil
FOR THE BELL PEPPERS
- 2 lârge bell peppers — 1 red ând 1 orânge, sliced
- 1 smâll red onion — sliced
- 1 teâspoon gârlic clove — minced
- ½ teâspoon pâprikâ
- 1/8 teâspoon red chili flâkes or ground chili pepper
- Heât â câst iron skillet over medium-high heât in the stove.
- Meânwhile, in â lârge bowl plâce chicken ând âll the seâsonings for the chicken. Mix everything well to combine.
- âdd olive oil to skillet. âdd chicken in skillet, skin side down, ând cook 4-6 minutes or until browned. Turn chicken over ând cook for 1 minute. Set âside (chicken won’t be totâlly cooked yet).
- Remove skillet from the heât ând âdd peppers, onion, gârlic, pâprikâ, red chili flâkes ând sâlt ând peppers. Stir everything well to combine.